Getting it ready for the holidays doesn’t have to be stressful. Every year I start out with good intentions but sometimes fall flat due not being organized. To the most organized people, starting now may seem outrageous but at this point you CAN succeed in having a stress free holidays. So if you are starting a little late, here are some things to get you started.
- Have a budget in mind – This will keep you from going over budget and you will not suffer a traumatic shock when the bills start to come in early next year.
- Make a Gift List – included everyone. Beyond just family and friends, remember teachers, service workers (like the postal worker), neighbors/babysitters, hair stylists.
- Pick up your holidays cards, stamps, gift wrap and supplies. – Most stores are well stocked and do not forget to check out the “dollar stores” or Big Lots for bargains.
- Start picking up the small things – gift cards, stocking stuffers, pet gifts.
- If you are giving gifts made from love (bake goods or candy) make sure you are stocked up with ingredients and supplies. Pick up of the your gift tins and boxes ASAP. They tend to sell out fast.
Please keep in mind holiday shipping cutoff dates
Part 2 coming next week.